Makes: 8 dozen
- 2 (10-ounce) boxes frozen spinach, cooked, drained, cooled
- 1 bunch green onions, cut into sections
- 1 bunch parsley, washed and drained, snipped into sections
- 1 head lettuce, washed, drained, broken into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup margarine, melted
- 1 (2-ounce) can anchovies
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauces
- 4 ounces Absinthe or 1 teaspoon anise
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 8 dozen oysters on the half shell
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Place first 4 ingredients, well-drained in blender or food processor and chop finely. Add margarine, anchovies, Worcestershire sauce, Absinthe, lemon juice and seasonings, and puree until all ingredients are smoothly blended into a sauce. Arrange oysters on a cookie sheet or other baking pan, place 1 Tablespoon of sauce on each, and sprinkle with bread crumbs. Bake 20-30 minutes until brown, and serve hot.
A better-than-usual Rockefeller sauce!